The next scheduled maintenance window for the HPC systems is August 8, 2018 8AM - August 9, 2018 8AM.
During this time the Neon and Argon systems will be offline for maintenance. All jobs running at the beginning of the maintenance will be killed.
The following work is currently scheduled:
- System updates and security patches.
- Data center generator testing.
- System updates and security patches (includes evaluation of options for improving performance related to Spectre/Meltdown issues as detailed here.)
- The gpu.cuda.dev_free and gpu.cuda.procsum resources will be removed from the system. Instead a new resource ngpus is available that supersedes these resources. For more details on requesting GPU resources on Argon please see the Argon Documentation.
General HPC Infrastructure
- The license server hosting the Intel Compilers licensing will be modified to allow cloud support.