- Week 1: logging in, navigating the file system, basic shell commands, how to get help, file permissions, quota
- Week 2: command redirection, shell variables, shell scripts, stdout/stdin/stderr
- Week 3: transferring files to and fro via ssh and scp
- Week 4: starting long running commands, process management, sharing resources (nice command)
- Week 5: recovering data (snapshots), general resource considerations
The seminar will be held in 301 MLH on Mondays from 3:30-4:20. The first offering will be held from Feb 6 through Mar 5. The second offering (same as the first) will be held from Mar 26 - Apr 23.
There is room for 30-35 people. Please sign up for one of the two offerings by sending email to email@example.com and indicating which offering you are interested in attending. Registration is first come first served. If you won't be able to attend after signing up, please let CSG know.